Every Tuesday at 6:00pm, our church hosts a free dinner for the community. Since 1992, we have especially welcomed our neighbors who are hungry and homeless into the church and provided a sit-down, restaurant-style meal. Guests are served a three-course dinner—a fresh salad, an entrée, and a dessert. Our Dignity Diner ministry is a place where respect is always on the menu.
There are several ways to participate:
Support FULL HEARTS FULL PLATES, our current fundraiser for Dignity Diner.
Serve a meal and share hospitality - You can sign up here to volunteer.
Prepare or donate part of the meal - sign up here.
Donate Supplies - We're always looking for things like coffee, heavy duty paper plates, utensils, cups, and more. Contact the Holy Covenant office if you are interested in donating supplies.
Serve in Worship
Our community participates in worship in many ways. We sing in the choir, read Scripture, serve Communion. There are also greeters, ushers, and hospitality volunteers.
We welcome new Liturgists to read Scripture, AV volunteers to run the PowerPoint presentation, and Greeters to welcome worshipers and pass out bulletins. If you would like more information about these roles, contact the email@example.com.
If you would like to sing with our choir, contact our Music Director Andrew, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holy Covenant loves a good time and enjoying what this city has to offer! We’ve met up at fish fries during Lent, different bars for Theology on Tap, and pizza joints around the northside. We usually hit up a Cubs game in the summer and plan fun fundraising events.
Our upcoming events are here.
Church Council leads and guides the life the church—our ministries, activities, and day to-day responsibilities. These are these are the various committees in the church:
- Staff - Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) - Supports, empowers and evaluates the lay and clergy staff of the congregation
- Finance - Manages the congregation’s financial system, including raising, organizing, and dispersing funds for ministry
- Stewardship & Fundraising - Plans and implements the annual stewardship campaign in the fall, and offers support for occasional fundraising events throughout the year
- Board of Trustees - Manages and cares for the church property including building, grounds, and equipment
- Spiritual Formation - Supports the spiritual needs of the congregation through small group formation and creative event and/or worship participation
- Prayer Team - Prayers for requests received during church services or online
- Dignity Diner - Guides and supports the Dignity Diner ministry
- Social Justice - identifies and coordinates opportunities for the congregation to learn, connect, and take action
We have a weekly Bible Study following the 10:30am worship service. It usually begins around 11:30am in the gallery. We explore a variety of topics depending on the season, current sermon series, or the general interest of the study group.
Not so into the Bible? Then this might be the study group for you! We engage texts seriously but critically and thoughtfully consider the spiritual, historical, and social context of the passage. Discussions are open and no preliminary work is required. Simply come as you are for thoughtful reflection and meaningful conversation.